~ PLEASE NOTE ~
The technology of today’s wax’s and polymers contain Nanoparticles that are designed to bead up water and make it dissipate from the surface. Decals will not stick to the window or surface if ANY residue from wax or rain-x or other chemicals remain on the window.
Window or surface must be completely clean from these chemicals and wax’s before installation
1. Apply out of Direct Sunlight
2. Clean surface thoroughly with alcohol (do not use Windex as it leaves behind a film residue that can keep the decal from sticking completely)
3. Place decal on a hard smooth surface face up and rub over the decal with a credit card or squeegee firmly.
4. SLOWLY Peel off the backing away from the installation tape, if any part of the decal remains attached to the backing paper as you are peeling it away lay the tape back down on to the backing and firmly re-rub over the decal with a credit card or squeegee. Once the decal is removed from the backing paper, move on to next step.
5. Place the decal on the glass or another smooth surface where you want it to stick.
6. Run over the installation tape with a credit card or Squeegee working out any bubbles that may have formed while placing the decal on the surface.
7. Wait a minute or two to let the adhesive bond
8. Slowly peel off the installation tape pulling gently at an angle. (if the decal tries to stay attached to the installation tape lay the tape back down and apply heavy pressure using a credit card or squeegee}
9. Wait a few days before washing the vehicle to allow time for a good bond.
DO NOT POWER WASH
10. To remove in the future, heat slightly with a hairdryer and peel.
It is recommended for large decals and windshield decals be installed by a professional they can be time-consuming and require patience to install properly to get the decal straight and without air bubbles.
Windshield Decal Installation Instructions
Applying your custom vinyl graphic is easy enough to do by yourself. The following tools are recommended when applying vinyl decals or lettering:
- Masking tape
- A Level
- A Squeegee
- A Pin or Exacto knife (optional)
Decals are not designed to be left rolled for long periods of time. Please install your decals as quickly as possible to prevent wrinkles that may occur in the shipping process.
All surfaces are contaminated to some degree. To ensure good adhesion to any vehicle surface it is critical that you follow
these recommended procedures in decontaminating and preparing the surface prior to any vinyl product installation. 1. Wash and rinse the area with liquid dish detergent and warm water. Then dry the vehicle surface with a clean, lint-free
towel or cloth.
2. Finish up the cleaning process by wiping down the entire area with Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol). To avoid recontamination during the final cleaning step, wipe the surface in just one direction, using a clean, lint-free towel or cloth. You are now ready to apply the vinyl.
Surface temperatures should be between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit before attempting the installation. As a general rule, if the surface is hot to the touch it’s over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Adhesive becomes brittle when it gets too cold and gummy when it gets too hot. Applications outside the recommended range of 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit reduce the adhesives’ ability to perform.
The base material is vinyl. Because vinyl is a pressure-sensitive product, direct pressure to the product is
very important. Please use your thumb or a soft, non-marring tool to apply pressure such as a squeegee or credit card.
After removing the decal from the box and Prior to installation, lay the decal on a hard smooth surface and apply pressure swiping across the decal starting in the center and working your way outward to assure proper adhesion of the decal to the transfer tape and to remove any roll patterns that may be in the application tape from shipping.
Click on the link below to watch a youtube video on how to install your decal
Illustrated Installation Procedures
After thoroughly cleaning the windshield surface, find and mark
it’s center with a small piece of tape or white grease pencil. Take
care not to use the Rear View Mirror mount for reference as not
all mirrors are placed at exact windshield center.
Locate and mark center of the Windshield Decal. Center can
easily be found by folding the decal lengthwise in two . The
resulting crease is center.
Once centers are found, place decal onto windshield so as to
become familiar with desired placement.
Recommended method of installation is the Center Hinge. This
is achieved by carefully removing a 2-3″ portion of the backing
paper from the center as shown.
Once a portion of the center is removed, simply fold back each
side of the backing paper approximately 1″ (25.4mm) onto itself.
Then, turn the decal over and carefully set it in the desired
location, making sure it’s centered. When placed correctly, stick
the center exposed area down with your thumb.